Add To Favorites
Veterans info seminar next week
The Wenatchee World - 9/21/2022
Sep. 21—WENATCHEE — Veterans service officers are hosting an all-day information seminar next week in Wenatchee for veterans.
"We will have veterans service officers from around the area at this event," said Chelan County Veterans Service Officer Tony Sandoval. "It will be a great opportunity to ask your local VSO those questions that you need answered."
Discussions will cover compensation, education and healthcare — including the PACT Act, a new law that expands VA health care and benefits for veterans exposed to burn pits, according to a Chelan County news release.
The seminar is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.Sept. 29, at the Confluence Technology Center, 285 Center Way in Wenatchee. The schedule is as follows:
* 10 a.m.: Introduction
* 10:30 a.m.: Compensation discussion, including the PACT Act, education, pension and dependency and indemnity compensation
* 11:45 a.m.: Lunch by Two Chefs Catering
* 12:15 p.m.: Healthcare discussion, including VA Healthcare, home-based primary care and home telehealth
* 1:30 p.m.: Burial and cemetery discussion
* 2:15 p.m.: An introduction to county veteran services
* 3 p.m.: Resource and Q&A
* 3:30 p.m.: Final thoughts
Those unable to attend in person may participate online. To listen via Zoom go to: us06web.zoom.us/j/87997120018. The meeting ID is 879 9712 0018. To join via mobile: 12532158782,,87997120018#. Or find your local number at us06web.zoom.us/u/kbg71OxBy.
(c)2022 The Wenatchee World (Wenatchee, Wash.)
Visit The Wenatchee World (Wenatchee, Wash.) at www.wenatcheeworld.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.